We are currently seeking a property supervisor to join our busy property management team, preferably with a background in either student accommodation, property management, customer service or hospitality, although this is not essential for the right candidate. If successful you will manage a portfolio of accommodation in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The preferred candidate will be either ARLA or NFoPP qualified or would be willing to work towards these qualifications. The right applicant will have strong communication skills and the ability to adapt to situations when required. It is important for the candidate to be comfortable when liaising both internally and externally with staff, landlords, tenants, contractors and other members of the team.
A full clean UK based driving licence is essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to further their career within an established company.
The role of the Property Supervisor will include:
- Completing documentation for any new tenancies within the portfolio
- Obtaining any relevant referencing in order for the tenancy to commence
- Overseeing the management of a portfolio of residential properties.
- Meeting and liaising on a regular basis with landlords and tenants.
- Resolving any queries, complaints or issues from landlords or tenants.
- Conducting regular inspections of all properties.
- Conducting final inspections and handling tenancy deposit issues.
- Instructing contractors and overseeing work progress until completion.
- Liaising with the accounts team to handle invoices and payments due.
- Assisting with utilities contracts at the start and end of tenancies.
- Maintaining property records to company standards.
- Processing any insurance claims and disputes on behalf of landlords.
- Dealing with licenses to alter/assign.
- Compiling detailed and accurate property inventories.
Working hours: average of 39 hours per week plus 13 Saturdays
Salary: £17,000 - £25,000 Dependent on experience and between £1,000 - £4,000 in potential bonuses.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org