If you search and find a property for you and your roommate, get in touch with us and we will find out whether it is available for dual occupancy.
When is dual occupancy a good option?
Whether you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate, dual occupancy can be a great option if:
- You and your partner study at the same university or different universities and want to live together
- You want to share a room to save money on rent and utilities
Dual occupancy – what to expect
- Dual occupancy properties are typically one or two-bedroom properties as larger properties don’t tend to allow two people to stay in the same room due to local authority licensing schemes.
- Most dual accommodation bedrooms are spacious enough to allow two people to live comfortably. Sharing the same room with a partner doesn’t have to be a trade-off for comfort!
- Walton Robinson can help you find a property that was specifically designed for shared living. This means that you could get a spacious bathroom and kitchen, large wardrobe, and room layouts that give you privacy.
- Keep in mind that landlords may charge higher rent or a higher deposit for student accommodation for couples in Newcastle, so let us know your budget and we will find something that meets your requirements.
- Dual occupancy properties sometimes come with all bills included in the rent price, so that you can divide them easily with your roommate.
Living with a friend or partner can help you transition to student life more easily and better manage your finances. Our lettings agents will help you find a property that you both like, located in the most convenient area in Newcastle, with transport links to the Uni campus and all the awesome student hotspots here!
Search dual occupancy accommodation for students